• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Update date stamp on website

Started by Mike, Jun 24, 2002, 18:08:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

The Society Website has been updated recently, but the date at the top of the page still says it was updated on the 28th May. Is this an oversight or is the date relevant to something else ?

I usually use this date to check if anything has changed on the website. If the date on the home page has changed then I have a look around to see what has changed, otherwise I don't bother.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

The dates on pages are the date that page was last updated, and it gets put there manually. I missed the index.html one on Friday, but it has now been fixed and will get sorted on the next upload. Though the index.html page does usually get updated each time another page is updated (because it contains links and related text for them) there's no guarantee that it will get updated every time the site changes.

[ This Message was edited by: Rick on 2002-06-24 11:44 ]