• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Cannon/Nikon cable release

Started by Simon E, Oct 09, 2009, 15:19:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon E

Trying to find someone that sells a "bulb" cable release for the cannon  :o canon digital rebel and the Nikon d40.

One end is like a headphone jack plug the other end is a rs232 cable for the laptop.

At the moment I can only take 30sec exposures or less with the camera's via the laptop. But can use a bulb function, but need these cables.
Any ideas who makes them, and yes I know I can make one, but haven't got time, just want to buy one.

Cheers
Si
SW 130DPS reflector main imaging scope, SWST80 refractor Guide scope, HEQ5 Mount with syncscan
ZWO ASI 120MC 1/3" colour camera Guide camera, Nikon D5100 + D3100 Imaging cameras

JohnP

Ian

we usually use Tony to set off cannons at DSC.

Oh, you meant Canon...

Get your soldering iron out. What the matter with you ;)

The Thing

Easy to make, costs about £4 for all the components at Maplins. Loads of instructions on the web.
Mine has a nice dual colour LED, red when off and green when exposing. Uses a Serial connector, an optoisolator and a couple or resistors + said LED. All fits in the connector housing. Add a USB serial adaptor (I get mine from Lindy.com) and off you go.