• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

OAS webpage header

Started by Tony G, Sep 27, 2009, 10:38:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Just wondered where the OAS header has gone from the top of the forum page to link to the main site, as it has disappeared from my screen.
Any ideas.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

Have you tried the old "scroll up" trick  :twisted:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Tony G

No, but I'll try that one!  :roll:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Tony G

Nope, still not there!
Is anyone else having this problem?

Tony G

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

Quote from: Tony G on Sep 27, 2009, 10:38:52
Just wondered where the OAS header has gone from the top of the forum page to link to the main site, as it has disappeared from my screen.
You can see the image, can't you?

The link used to be associated with the whole image, but someone wanted a link to the gallery as well, so the link is now using an image map. Assuming your browser understands image maps (and every graphical browser should...) then you can go to:

• ...the main website by clicking on the left side of the image, where the Soceity name and logo are.
  • ...the gallery by clicking on the right side of the image, where the various random pictures are.
There's a little bit of space between the two zones that doesn't link anywhere...

mickw

Quotesomeone wanted a link to the gallery

Somehow I knew this was all going to be my fault  :oops:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Tony G

Quote from: Rick on Sep 27, 2009, 12:53:46
You can see the image, can't you?

No, that is the problem. I don't know if it's my settings, but I don't know what settings would that just the head of the page out?

Tony G

Rick

Quote from: Tony G on Sep 27, 2009, 13:17:48
No, that is the problem. I don't know if it's my settings, but I don't know what settings would that just the head of the page out?
Bizarre. Usual solution when images go missing is to apply a force-reload (which often comes down to holding the shift key while clicking on reload), and seeing whether that brings them back. You should see the image in this post...

Quote from: mickw on Sep 27, 2009, 12:59:09
Somehow I knew this was all going to be my fault  :oops:

You're off the hook, Mick! ;)

Tony G

Rick,

I took you're advice, but no difference. The page starts with a greeting and then the date on the same line, but no

Tony G

Rick

I spotted something extraneous in the template. It's been splatted. Has your banner re-appeared?

Oh, and what browser are you using?

Tony G

Cheers Rick,

That has sorted it, and it's IE7 (I think)

Tony G

Carole

QuoteHave you tried the old "scroll up" trick

Mick you crack me up.

Carole