• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Introduction

Started by Alan Conroy, Feb 03, 2009, 18:42:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Conroy

Hi - My name is Alan Conroy and I am looking for a local Astronomical Society. Both my wife, Phyllis, and me have had a long standing interest in the subject and thought we ought to learn more. We live in Hartley near Longfield. I am a government Lawyer and my wife was a scientist by training.

One thing we are having problems with though is finding telescopes with viewing screens. Mt wife has a very particular sight prescription and looking into the small viewing tube that most telescopes come from would cause serious headaches. She used to have the same problem with microscopes. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Alan & Phyllis

Mike

Welcome to the Forum!!

There are no scopes with viewing screens on the market. However, a decent scope with good aperture on a quality mount coupled up to one of the integrating video cameras such as the minitron would enable you to view live images on a monitor.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Alan Conroy

Thank you for such a prompt and helpful reply. Makes perfect sense now you have pointed it out

Alan

JohnP

Yep - Hi from me as well I think Minitron or like is definitely the way to go.. see here:

http://www.modernastronomy.com/camerasAstroVideo.html

Cheers,  John

Rick

Welcome, and thanks for introducing yourselves. You should now be able to post to other parts of the forum.

Carole

Hop to see you at a meeting soon.

Carole