• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Hello From a New Member

Started by JohnP, Nov 08, 2003, 00:45:00

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Hi Group,

I just wanted to post my first message & say hello to everyone. I am currently only a member of the forum but hope to meet you all at the next viewing evening or club meeting.

I live in Bromley & own a 6-inch TAL-2M reflector. I am interested in webcam imaging & have a TouCam Pro. If you are interested I have put together a basic webpage showing the images I have managed to obtain in the last year or so from my back garden at:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.punnett/

I am just about to try & modify my webcam for Long Exposure & hope to add some DSOs soon.

I look forward to meeting members soon & sharing information in this fantastic hobby.

Thanks,

John.

Jim

Hi John
Welcome & look forward to meeting you.  I had a look at your site and was impressed by the images.  I've got the same size scope as you so you've given me new hope!

Greg

Great to see a new member coming in the back door via the web - I like your images of the planets. You are clearly very accomplished, maybe we should be asking you for advise on how to capture pics of the Solar System.

Hope to see you at the next meeting.

Ian

Hi John,

yours is a name I recognise from QCUIAG.

Welcome, and I look forward to meeting you at the next meeting.

Ian

Whitters

John, Welcome, I look forward to meeting you at the next meeting.

JohnP

Hi Jim, Greg, Ian & Whitters,

Thank you all for your comments - I look forward to seeing you all at the next meeting.

Ian - You are correct - I have been an active member of QCUIAG for about 1yr. since I started messing around with webcams. I see you have an SC3 & am looking forward to talking to you about it.

Cheers for now,

John.

Greg

Why not come along to the society dinner?

Whitters

Hi John,
Saw your image of Saturn in the December issue of Astronomy Now. Very nice image.

JohnP

Hi Whitters,

Wow!!!! You just made my day. I never knew it was in there - I sent it in on the off chance about 6 weeks ago but never expected it to be published. Rushing off now to buy a copy. Thks for letting me know:-)

John.

JohnP

Hi Greg,

It would have been great to attend the dinner but unfortunately, I'm already tied up on that night - I'll certainly make it to the meeting the day before though.

Thank you for the offer.

Cheers, John.