• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

A few from last night

Started by Daniel, Oct 04, 2008, 15:11:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Hi All, last night was pretty damn good, there was a haze in the air, but the visibility was still excellent, could make out the full W of Cassiopeia, I normally can't see one of the stars on the very end.

Anyway, these are all quick processes, I shall do a proper job later.

I should also point out, the only one I spent considerable time on was IC1396, which I will add to my existing data later on, this was mainly a test to see what performed better out of 5 mins ISO 800 or my usual 10 mins ISO 320.

There's a good chance these will be quite blown out too, will need to transfer my images over to my work computer to process these on a decent monitor (can't beat CRT)

Horsehead was a last minute thing I did just to see what I'd get, it's only 4x300s

All in all, a great night.

Anyway, all images are 300s ISO 800, IC1396 hasn't been merged with my other data yet and all have minimum processing

MarkS

Daniel,

I'm looking forward to seeing those after processing - it looks like you've captured some good data there.  Which nebulae are they - I don't recognise them all.

I was out last night and from time to time (between the patches of haze) the sky was remarkably dark - especially from 1:30am - 3:30am

Mark

Daniel

Hi Mark, Yes, Im looking forward to processing these properly. in descending order we have, Elephants trunk, Horsehead, Cone nebula with christmas tree cluster and Flaming star

Rocket Pooch

Very good, you are getting some of the darker objects quite well.

Chris