• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

A few from last few days..

Started by JohnP, Sep 20, 2008, 19:43:55

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

OK - Not as great as all the other images being posted but I am happy as my guiding now seems to be working...

Cheers,  John :-)

RobertM

Nice images John.   What's the last one, that looks interesting ?

Rocket Pooch

JohnP

Hi Robert - It's the very centre of the heart neb - ic1805 - it has some lovely twists & twirls in it - It would look brilliant widefield - so all you people with the right gear should give it a try... unfortunately, with the camera I have I can only get the very centre... i.e. atik 16ic + ZS66... I need to get myself a larger chipped camera.. :-(

Thks for comments,  John

Fay

Really great, John. I think we pull ourselves down too much when we think there are better images around.

You have a great collection of high class images.

I do it al the time!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Thks Fay - Yes you are probably right - You look at other images & you always see things that are better. I'm chuffed that my guiding seems to be working but the images still lack that 'wow factor' that I see with the larger format camera's. I'm thinking more & more that it may be time to get a larger chipped camera. Maybe a christmas present to myself :-)

John

RobertM

John,  You have a great set of images, yes, they do cover a smaller area but are no less impressive because of that.  Have a great trip to France and while you're there the rest of us will struggle on, at least the moon will have dissappeared from the equation :) for a bit.

JohnP

Thks Robert - If the 'Great Weather God' in the sky behaves himself then the plan is to get as much raw data as possible - we should be able to image from 8pm to 4am so 8hrsX6 should mean 48hrs worth of raw data... :-) :-) :-) Thinking about it I'd better clean up my laptop so I have some more disc space... :-(

Thks again,  John.

PS - I think Olly has internet connections so we can try & give you a few updates... i.e. 'Is it clear or is it beer....! (or red wine).... :-) '

Fay

4am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

JohnP

Fay - Of course..... You can stay in bed all the next day & do it it again the following night...  :-)

John

MarkS

John,

Remember France is 2 hours ahead of GMT and you're slightly further East so you won't be imaging 8pm-4am but more like 9:30pm-5:30am
Maybe that will suit Fay better?

Mark

Fay

I was thinking of 7pm to 11pm!!!!!!