• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Spell check

Started by Rick, Apr 29, 2008, 16:33:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

I've enabled the spell check option. It seems to be ambivalent when presented with American and English spellings like color and colour, but it isn't entirely automatic, so it shouldn't be a huge irritation...

Mike

Tharnks Rick. Seeems too werk purfektly.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

OK it was working yesterday but today it is not enabled :(
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

Quote from: Mike on Apr 30, 2008, 10:01:48
OK it was working yesterday but today it is not enabled :(
Looks alive from here... Turned off JavaScript, or got it trapped by AdBlock or some such?

Mike

I am running it from work the same as I did yesterday. Except yesterday it worked and today it doesn't. :( Weird !

Maybe the IT department at the FSA have added something to their blocked list. Java is enabled though I was able to check that.

Rick

It's a JavaScript that tries to open a pop-up window, which might mean it fits some advert pattern. Other than that I can't see anything especially hideous in it. Anyone else?

Rick

This is a test...

So, is this aspell still folksong?

Well, that'd be a 'yes' I guess, though why it figured I meant "folksong"... ;)