• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Gallery configuration snafu

Started by Rick, Aug 29, 2008, 23:22:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

*sigh* The last security patch on the gallery seems to have broken a few things. I spotted and fixed the random gallery images on the main site last night. This evening I've fixed problems with the group permissions and quotas. I'd like to know how they got reset to the default (small and restricted) values.

Ian

I wonder if Powweb, in their usual hamfisted way, did a little restore from backups for us. From several months ago...

Rick

Have images gone missing? I've not noticed anything like that. I think the security update probably reset some of the configuration, including the bit for the bridge to the main website. I'm surprised nobody commented about that though. It was very obviously broken. The upload quota change also seems odd, but may have got reset while I was fixing the bridge configuration. When I'm a bit more awake I'll burrow through my backed-up database copies...

Ian

not noticed anything missing. Just config files don't change on their own...

Rick

I know the gallery->main site bridge broke when I installed the security patch. Somehow nobody noticed (or at least, nobody bothered to tell us) for ten days...

The quota configuration was reset on 28th August, which is also when I fixed the bridge configuration. It seems likely that the bridge re-configuration may have caused the trouble...