• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Hi Doug and Rose

Started by Rick, Oct 15, 2007, 08:38:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Quote from: doug on Oct 14, 2007, 09:40:42
  Hello to one and all in the OAS.  My name is Doug and my wife`s name is Rose.

I have been interested in astronomy since I was about ten years old and even managed to build a crude telescope with lenses that I bought in a shop in High Holborn.  That was the start.

The interested waxed and waned over the years because of varying events but upon retirement I thought, "here I go again" and bought my first telescope, a Meade 70mm ETX reflector.  Small scope, big thrill.  I also have a Skywatcher 1145 reflector, but no webcams as yet.

That`s us. Come and say hello, if you haven`t already.             Rose and Doug.

Carole

Hi Doug and Rose,

Pleased to see you are on-line at last.  You'll have a ball.  Read up some of the stuff in Forum Chat, some of it is very funny.  i.e. Fay's fox poo and the chat about the evening down at Paul's (I think that's in another section) had me chuckling about the grass.

I assume you are one and the same Doug and Rose who we all know and love from Farnborough.

Carole

Carole

Hi Doug, You asked if you had sent a blank reply.
Well no reply sent at all!!!

Carole

Rick

...and your original introduction came as a private message to me, even though it was clearly intended to be something more public. Hmmm...

To reply to a thread:

• Click on REPLY in the row of links at the top or bottom of the discussion, or click on Quote next to the heading of a particular post.

• Then make sure you click the "Post" button when you're done writing your message. The "Preview" button just shows you what your message might look like if it were posted.

To start a new discussion thread, click on NEW TOPIC in the row of links at the top or bottom of the list of discussions in a particular board.

Carole

He's doing very well for a computer novice.

Mike

Welcome to the forum Doug and Rose.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

Welcome to the forum Doug & Rose,
Posting messages on a forum is just like sending a letter by Royal Mail - Only slower  :lol:
Mick
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Tony G

Welcome aboard,

Once you fathom how to use the forum, there'll be no stopping you and the wealth of knowledge you'll have hurled back in your direction will be unbelievable, but valuable.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

doug

Thanks to everybody who replied to my introduction, which I mistakenly sent to Rick (sorry about that, Rick) instead of putting it in the correct place.  I still have a job sorting out the various "links?".  I suppose that it`s a good job that I can type - learnt that in the Army.

Rose and I are gradually picking up snippets of information and knowledge from all you good people.  It`s been a LONG time for me, but the interest has always been there. 

One day I might try some imaging; then Mike and all you imagers will have your ears bent. Now I can get into this Chat Forum ........

Ciao for now, Rose and Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Delphine

Hi Doug & Rose

Welcome to the forum.  Some of us are just starting out with imaging why don't you join us.

Cheers
Delphine

Carole

What with Miriam and Delphine, Myself and Doug learning imaging, will the ones giving all the advice have a nervous breakdown!!!???

Carole

Mike

Quote from: Carolepope on Oct 17, 2007, 16:46:52.....will the ones giving all the advice have a nervous breakdown!!!???

Too late for that !!      :o

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

doug

Re imaging.  IF I start in on this imaging, those people won`t have a nervous breakdown; they`ll run screaming up the walls and I don`t want to drive knowledgeble persons to THAT.  Thanks, Delphine, but let me learn how to work a computer first, let alone plug it in to a telescope.  Doug.

By the way, what does Message icon standard mean?  Does it refer to the little pix of a sheet of paper?
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Rick

It means you can change the little icon by the subject line. Spot the question mark?

JohnP

Welcome Doug & Rose = Good to have some more members on board.... John :-)