• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

A couple of images from Wednesday night...

Started by JohnP, Sep 07, 2007, 21:25:26

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

OK - I held back on posting these because Fay's recent successes put these to shame. I think I have just about decided I need a 16bit cooled camera of some description...

Anyway these images are The Crescent Neb - NGC 6888 & NGC891 - only 90sec subs for the Crescent & 2min subs for NGC891 all taken with the SC3 through MN56. I might give these both another go down at Tuesnoad & try to add some RGB.

Anyway here they are:

Fay

John,
I don't know what you are on about. I think they are such good images, I am not just saying it. The Crescent looks the same as mine but with no colour. & NGC 891, well, it is such a nice image, I couldn't even find it last night. It is one that I have always wanted to get.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Tony G

Nice images John, and Fay well done on your images as well.
I'm getting left behind and so decided to attach the Canon to the WO, and fell at the first hurdle which was 'FocusDSLR'. :-?
Spoke to the fountain of knowledge (JP) and was guided along the right path, so hopefully soon i'll have some images as well. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Tony - I'm sure you will - I'm looking forward to that first widefield DSLR m31 image..., might give this a try myself at DSC if conditions are good...,

Thks for the comments - Astronomy or in particular astrophotography is a real tough hobby to do with a full time job esp when you have to commute to Folkstone at some unearthly hour each morning.. much easier if you are retired or self employed & can work from home.... :-)

Cheers, John.