• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Tied myself & my telescope to the mast!

Started by Fay, Jun 22, 2006, 12:41:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Braved the wind, last night, & took my first webcam image of Jupite, glad I got some banding. A lot of movement around, took 900 images & could not figure out how to select only the first 50 images, so the lot were processed. I used the 6" Cassegrain & put the webcam into the diagonal but no Barlow, as I could not locate Jupiter in there. Processed in Registax, but made most of it up, as will be obvious!

Not sure if I am supposed to put camera & telescope details into K3, I have version 3.

Cannot put image on here, good job after looking at Mike's, as I do not have the web facility. Will have to put in gallery.
Hope to do better.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rick

Quoteas I do not have the web facility

You could sign up for one of the free photo-hosting sites like Flickr...

Mike

.........or email it to me and I wil post it up.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Hi Fay,

If possible try to align the Finder scope and the Telescope eyepiece to the same point, this is how I get the planet onto the chip, also when you are tryin to locate the planet turn the shutter speed to auto, then you really will not be able to miss it.  If you then get the planet onto the CCD ok, put the Barlow and and set the exposure to auto again to locate it again.  Its often the case that slight movements in the connections between barlow etc will move the planet off the chip.

Most importantly keep trying.

Chris