• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Website update

Started by Rick, Nov 30, 2002, 06:57:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

Rick

London and Bath coach trip details added, along with new news, and the dates should _all_ be correct this time...

Also added a brief report of the January meeting, includin a link to UKARANet (which is already on our links page anyway).

Rick

I think I've re-juggled the committee page appropriately now, but I don't have the latest accounts yet...

Rick

There'll be an update including some new gallery pictures, updated night sky page, and new news up in the morning...

Ian

one thing I've been meaning to mention for a while is that the BBC Weather forcast for astronomy has been discontinued. This means (obviously) that the links to it are redundant.

And while we're talking about dead links, my website will be up again soon, it just isn't too high a priority. I'm hoping to have some more pictures to post there soon. :smile:

Mike

I was wondering why your link didn't work Ian. I am working on my website also. It's rather ambitious and as i'm lazy it will take months probably.

Rick, is the new gallery page just a temp one until the changes discussed at the committee meetings take place ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

I'll remove the weather forecast links.

I was expecting Greg to have added the changes we'd discussed. Maybe he'll get round to it next time, or maybe I should just take a look and see whether I can come up with something sane myself...

(Let's go bring that previous discussion back to the surface in its own thread.)

Rick

A few updates should appear in the morning...

Rick

New Night Sky page should be up Saturday morning....

Mike

Erm... What's a Leaner Day ???

Rick

A typo, I expect. :wink: Thanks.

Mike

Is that a day when you only eat vegetables and jog a lot ?!

Rick

...or one you spend most of leaning against a lamp-post or other suitable support?

Should be fixed now. :wink:

Greg

Oh! you speelers you. Four thos that kan't speel itz a probleem. Wat I want to now is how do you speel dislecksia, dislexziar, dissleksiar...  well?