• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Slow Access...

Started by JohnP, Dec 21, 2005, 10:02:02

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

It always seems really slow accessing the OAS homepage - It takes an age to load the homepage - I don't seem to have this issue with other web pages. Sometimes it can take >60secs for it to load..... Is there a problem?

Thks,  John

Ian

just tried it myself and it seems fine. Ironically, those pages are hosted on Demon's servers and should be 100% available, now the gallery archive is a different matter...

Rick's away on holiday at the moment, but if it persists we'll take a look at it when he gets back.

JohnP

Must be something to do with my computer setup... It's just really slow - I'll have to try accessing the forum pages directly rather than going through the homepage all the time...

Thks,  John

Ian

hmm, anyone  else having problems?

Tony G

Ian,
i have also noticed of late the time it takes to load the home page and last weekend done what John suggested today and by-pass the home page and created a shortcut straight to the forum.
I will at some point each month have to check the home page just in case i forget the dates of meetings etc. (it has been known) :oops:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Ian,

I tried with both my desktop PC & Laptop & both have the same problem. The homepage can sometimes take >1min to load but all other webpages & direct link to the forum page work fine. Both PC's were using same NTL Broadband connection so maybe it's something to do with them....

Tony - Long time since you have posted... How you getting on with Imaging & your new scope....?

Cheers,  John

Tony G

John,
with the weather and all, not much. Have posted on the Technical forum.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rick

I suggest, for the present, until I can find a way to fix things, that you disable JavaScript and try again. I think that will speed up acces quite a bit.