• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Tweaks and twiddles

Started by Rick, Nov 03, 2005, 13:22:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

I've made a few of the changes suggested at last night's committee meeting. How do they look?
  • The list on the Meetings page.
  • The News page is now a Society News page for reports about recent meetings and events.
Things I havn't done yet are:

Rick

I've now added a bit to the Night Sky page. Trouble is, Jeff sent it to me in Word(tm) format and I've had to convert it to plain text. Somewhere along the way the greek characters got lost. I think I've put the correct words in their places, but if someone could check...

Rick

...and the Word(tm) star charts only work for printing, so I think I'll print and then scan those. The Word SaveAs HTML produces a page that goes all skewed in some browsers.

Mike

Rick,

A star chart in a similar style to the one Greg used to to will be coming over to you later on tonight.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

Thanks Mike.

The one Jeff sent is a finder for RZ Cas. which he mentions in his notes.

Rick

Ok, the night sky page is up. Please check that it makes sense.

Rick

I've also put up Jeff's new Limiting Magnitude list.

Ian

I feel I need to post here, so it doesn't look like you're talking to yourself Rick...

The changes you've made are looking good. Cheers.

Rick

The latest post-meet updates should be visible in the morning. Please tell me what errors you can spot. A little more detail on the Greenwich evening (Greg will be sending something soon, I think) and the society dinner would be good.

Rick

Please cn someone who knows check the Greenwich date/time and the Dinner details are correct. I was going from memory, and sometimes it's flakey.

Whitters

Greenwich looks right.
Dinner is at the George in Hayes. On Friday 13th January @ 19:15.