• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

finally resistered

Started by Tony G, Sep 04, 2005, 13:49:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Afternoon all, i have been reading the noticeboard for a couple of months now, but managed only today to resister. I have been a member of OAS since April 05 and have learnt so much since joining, especially at Headcorn (deep space camp). I would like to thank everyone that made me feel welcome that weekend, & thanks for showing me new object other than planets to look at, (i am now fixated with the Andromeda galaxy, the first galaxy i have seen). Tonic, I like you are new to this, but I would highly recommend going to a couple of meetings and observing nights because there is so much information to take in.
I would just like to say Thank You to everyone again.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

Tony,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you enjoyed DSC. I remember that I showed you how to find M31 and i'm sure you've found many more objects yourself since. I've been doing astronomy for years now and still never tire of looking at objects like M31 over and over.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

Hi Tony,
Welcome to the forum, 'm glad you enjoyed DSC. Wait for winter though, you thought the Andromeda galaxy was good, just wait until you see M42 ;-)

Mike

Yeah - roll on the winter - Woohoo !! (notice how much darker it is by8pm already?!)
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Hi Tony,

Good eh! and what about all those objects you found last night - M13, M27, M57 & you even stumbled across M11 (The Wild Duck) - I not seen that before either - Thks for finding it... You have to admit it beats clearing out the loft (but don't tell the wife....!)

Cheers,  John