• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Wide Field - Cassiopeia - DSC

Started by JohnP, Aug 08, 2005, 21:56:39

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Hi All,

Another image from Friday night - This is a wide field view of Cassiopeia - This is just a single 60 sec shot using my EOS 300D & 28mm lens piggy backed on my 6-Inch Newt - ISO 800. The amazing thing about this image is that I also captured the Andromeda Galaxy - M31 - If you go to the far right of the frame about half way down you will see it... (Thks Paul for pointing this out to me)..

Cheers,  John

Mike

Great picture. You can really see the Andromeda Spiral starting to come out. You also managed to image the stars we used for determining limiting magnitude for each of the three nights. For Friday and Saturday nights we used the brighter of the two stars together below alpha and zeta, HD 4222, at 5.4. On the more favourable Sunday evening we used the star just to the right of gamma, HD 5408, at 5.6. Nice shooting.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Miriam

The above message was written by Jeff. Mike helped us get access to the forum on our laptop. and somehow Jeff can now log in as Mike!!!