• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

C34 HaRGB

Started by JohnH, Sep 30, 2024, 16:41:35

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnH

This is an Ha RGB of The Veil Nebula. The colour data is not as good as I hoped because my guide/tracking settings were not exactly perfect.

Bortle 7 but with a full moon from my observatory ( :) ) near Bromley South.

Luminance: Ha 45 x 120 sec.
Red: 60 x 40 sec
Green: 60 x 40 sec
Blue: 60 x 40 sec

Telescope: Sharpstar 15028 HNT - focal length 418mm, aperture 150mm and f2.8
Camera: ZWO1600 Pro MM at -10C

ZWO ASIAir mini controlling camera, mount, autofocus, filter wheel and guiding.

Processing: Pixinsight and GraXpert.

Just happy to actually complete an image after so long !!

Regards to all,

John

(The world's laziest astroimager)
The world's laziest astroimager.

Roberto

Really good John and nicely framed.  Your background looks a little bit clipped on my monitor but it may be me (as in the office, not home).

Roberto

JohnH

Quote from: Roberto on Sep 30, 2024, 16:49:45Your background looks a little bit clipped on my monitor

I always find that I lose quality when I save out from Pixinsight for Astrobin, this is a .png file. Mind you, I probably have subdued the background too much.

John

Dave A

John,
lovely image- well done
Remember- we are the Universe and the Universe is us

Carole

Great to get first light at long last John, with a full Moon it was a challenge, and has come out fairly well. 

Can you give me the total imaging time please. 

JohnH

Hi Carole,

I make it 210 minutes. I also threw away about 2 hours worth of data which I had REALLY mucked up!

Regards,

John

Carole

(The world's laziest astroimager)

Lol

garrick

Hi John,

Nice image and as mentioned above well framed. Just wanted to find out if you are using fast filters as you are imaging at f2.8.

Best wishes,

G

JohnH

Hi Garrick,

"Nice image and as mentioned above well framed. Just wanted to find out if you are using fast filters as you are imaging at f2.8."

Thanks, I am just using standard ZWO L R G B and Ha. Probably not perfect for my setup but not, I hope, significant given the overall quality of the telescope.

Regards,

John

garrick

Hi John,

The LRGB will be fine with a fast system as they are broad-spectrum filters. You may need to look at a fast filter for the Ha. Its looks like you are not getting a lot of transmission on the Ha. Maybe worth looking into.

Best wishes,

G

Carole

Would be even better in HOO, those 5 position filter wheels are a damn nuisance. I know several people who are restricted by them.