• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Noise XTerminator - Its Magic

Started by Roy, Jan 14, 2023, 14:54:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

I've just downloaded and installed a trial version Noise Xterminator for PixInsight and quite frankly it's magic! In just a few seconds it reduces noise significantly and enhances detail within the image without having any noticeable effect on the shape or size of stars, such is the power of AI. Below are a couple of comparison images showing Noise Xterminator's effect on Luminance data (M13) and RGB data (NGC604 in M33). I think I'll definitely be purchasing it in a month's time....

Roy

Carole

All my astro chums are raving about it.  Unfortunately l can't use these new tools as my PC is not capable of working it.  Ditto Star Xterminator. 

Carole

Roberto

Yes, the AI behind it is working really well for astronomical images.

Roberto

MarkS

I downloaded the trial of Noise XTerminator. It certainly worked very well indeed.

However, I still find the "Camera Raw Filter" in PhotoShop to be more effective.  It has separate "Noise Reduction" and "Colour Noise Reduction", which gives me more control.

Mark

Carole

Quote from: MarkS on Jan 23, 2023, 12:12:15I downloaded the trial of Noise XTerminator. It certainly worked very well indeed.

However, I still find the "Camera Raw Filter" in PhotoShop to be more effective.  It has separate "Noise Reduction" and "Colour Noise Reduction", which gives me more control.

Mark

Which version of Photoshop are you using Mark, I have CS3 and can't find Camera Raw Filter?
It's OK I have googled it.

Carole