• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Perseid watch.

Started by doug, Aug 09, 2022, 09:28:12

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

The Observing Officer is holding a Perseid watch at Chelsfield Green this coming Friday ... see the OAS WhatsApp site for further details ... so the Otford Hall team are holding a second Perseid viewing in the field behind the Hall on Saturday, 13th August, for those people who cannot attend the Friday viewing. If you think you have missed it, come along Saturday at about 20.30 hrs.

Doug and Rose.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

doug

Just a reminder that tonight, 13 August, we are holding another hopeful Perseid watch, and moon watch at the OVMH, starting at about 20.30hrs. The hall will not be opened, so go into the field at the back. Bring your own refreshments and chairs ... and telescopes/binoculars... so hope to see you there.

Cheers, Doug and Rose.

Carole

Hope you have a good evening all.  I won't be coming as meteor showers are not my "thing", been there and done that. But hope you all have a good evening.

Carole

doug

Thanks to Dave, Marie and Robin from Rose and I for a reasonably succesful Perseid watch last night. Saw a few good ones and some quite faint ones as well. It was a case of "eyes to the skies, chaps" and it all seemed to work well. A good evening and thanks again for coming along. Very warm night....

Cheers Rose and Doug.