• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Equipment Sale

Started by NoelC, Aug 18, 2022, 13:36:39

Previous topic - Next topic

NoelC

I'm selling my kit so if you are interested in buying bits - I probably have one!. This is what I will be putting up, but there are heaps of spacers, bolts, eyepieces, finders and goodness knows what, so please pm if interested:-
  • HEQ5 Pro Mount, handset and PSU, Rowan belt modded, EQMOD adapter, ADM adapter plate, Extended counterbalance rod, counterbalance weights, Steel tripod + puck for pier mounting, original box. £400?
  • EQ6 R Pro Mount, handset, RS232 connection for handset (to remote the handset while using PPEC), EQMOD adapter (to remote the mount), Steel tripod, Counterbalance weights, Puck for pier mounting, assortment of alternate bolts.  Offers over £700
  • Atik One 6.0 CCD camera + OAG & guider kit with all filters and hard case. Around £1,000
  • Altair Astro 8" carbon fibre RC f8 telescope with two 3" focussers - the standard GSO focusser and a Baader diamond Steeltrack with electronic drive. Standard 90mm dia extenders, Bahty mask, solar mask included. Optics good.  Comes in stackable a hard case (toolbox). £550
  • 0.6 focal reducer suitable for above on modest chips. £50
  • William Optics Megrez 90mm apochromatic refractor (f6.9, old style shoe mount) with additional electronic focuser (removable), dew band. Optics good, but some 'pollen' blemishing to AR coatings. In original hard case + gunsight finder Bahty mask + 2" dielectric diagonal mirror.  £600?
  • Skywatcher 'Travelmate' 80mm f5 Refractor, used as guide scope, 30mm diagonal mirror comes in stackable tool box.  £60?
  • WO Guidescope rings, delrin tips, nice finish suitable for above £10.
  • QHY 5ii eyepiece usb powered camera / guide scope mono. £50
  • ASI 120 MCS colour usb 3.0 cmos planet/observer/guide/sky cam with sky cam lens.  £65?
  • Astronomik CLS CCD-Filter 2" £85?
  • Old Lab PSU 13V 5 Amp (super smooth) £20
  • Startech.com USB 3.0 hub 4+3 (very nice hub) £25
  • Pegasus Pocket Power box (modified to deliver 12V on camera output)will switch upto 10A and 2 dew heaters £50?
  • Loads of 2" adapters and spacers, too many to list, will add if I remember them...

will be posting on astrobuysell. Anyone interested in an 'RSJ pier' or a shed on wheels?
Noel

Swapped telescopes for armchair.

Carole

This is very sad to hear Noel, I know you haven't imaged for a while but thought you would get your MOJO back.

Is it OK if I copy your post into my Astro Whatsapp Group of about 10 - 15 people all good eggs, though not many local but I will be meeting up with many of them in October if transporting kit is a problem. 

Carole

NoelC

Yes its a little sad; I feel sort of attached to my telescopes, but I never use them, so they may as well go to someone who will.  You never know I may get back to it, but I'm pretty determined to get the PE down to close to zero if ever I do, as I spent half of my astronomy career trying to get my guiding within reasonable limits or my subs in focus (and the other half fighting bits of software!).  Which I think means starting again from the mount up (back to doing the lottery then).

Feel free to copy list.

I still have a StarlightExpress MX716 if anyone really fancies a challenge..

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

ApophisAstros

Sorry to here that Noel , i am interested in one thing , will pm you.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

The Thing

Shame. Mojo is a strange thing. I sometimes feel like this e.g. the other evening when my Arduino focuser controller decided to add to global warming when powered on and a clear night was looming. I nearly thought 's*@ it' what a palaver, and for what? But I got a flash of inspiration looking through boxes of junk and cobbled together a replacement out of a gadget I hadn't used for years and a spare stepper motor. And I got a nice pic (the Crescent close up) to make the panic and frustration worthwhile.

Anyway tech is moving on and there will be some astounding cameras and mounts to chose from when you get back your mojo.