• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Sh2-134 WIP

Started by Carole, Jun 23, 2022, 12:49:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Not done much imaging since DSC 2nd April since it has been tiny galaxy season and I am in Bortle 8 anyway.  Then the summer solstice, so short nights and no astronomical darkness.  But Ha often works.

I don't normally post a half done image, but since little has been posted on the forum recently, I thought I would post up my progress so far.  I have tried a few Oiii and Sii subs, but I think I am either going to have to wait for Astronomical darkness to come back, or wait for a DSC to get the rest of the data on this target.

Here is my Ha so far 37 x 600 - just over 6 hours between 11pm and 2am:

I got the idea from this image on Astrobin, but this is a 56 hour image taken from Sierra Remote Observatories in the USA.

WE CAN BUT DREAM!!!!

https://www.astrobin.com/8nqfnh/

Carole

Here is a more stretched version.

Roberto

Looking excellent Carole  8) 

I find that imaging in Ha/NB and keeping the RGB exposures at <5min during summer/nautical twilight, I can achieve good enough results.  Nautical twilight only comes at around 11pm and lasts until 3am but that allows targets to be completed in 3/4 nights.

Roberto

Carole

Thanks Roberto.  In this case l am doing Hubble Palette and l think l need darker skies for the Oiii and Sii.   

I can only do about 200 secs RGB on my Samyang lens before the sensor whites out.

Carole

Roberto

Oh, I hand't realised this was with the Samyang.  Yes, you'd have to keep exposures very short with such a fast lens.  I'm imaging at f/5 in RGB.  You've done really well in Ha.

Roberto

Carole

Thank you Roberto

Carole

ApophisAstros

Just checked the image and it is fantastic , but the stars are all white and sterile.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.