• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M65 M66 NGC3628

Started by The Thing, Mar 30, 2022, 16:55:11

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

Second light with my new QHY294PROC. Some of you will know I've had a ZWO ASI294MC Pro for a while and this is pretty much the same. But it isn't as first light used the ASI294 exposure I normally use of 240s and was horribly overexposed! (Both at Unity gain). BTW this is a pretty picture, please ignore the dodgy bits :)

73x120s (2h 26m), Gain 1600, Offset 25, CMOS Temp -5C

Image date, time and location:   2022-03-26, Manche France
Telescope aperture and focal ratio:   TS1506 6" f4 Newtonian, TS GPU Coma Corrector
Camera and filters used:   QHY294PROC, Optolong 2" UV/IR
Processing applied:   PixInsight, Affinity Photo, IrfanView

Click image for larger version

Carole

That's a nice result Duncan, especially after 2 1/2 hours.  Can even see a trace of the "tail" on NGC3623

Carole

The Thing

Thanks Carole. It would be better but the scope decollimated while I was messing about with spacings for the new camera.

RobertM

Hey Duncan ! That's a great result from that camera and really good detail in those galaxies.  Yes I know there's a dodgy side (ignored :) ) but it shows the combo has great potential.  The colours look really good as well - I know you've had trouble grappling with that camera in the past.

Keep em coming !

Robert

The Thing

Thanks Robert. I think the main difference is I used the QHY294 Overscan areas to compensate for variable bias levels produced by this CMOS. No colour blobs and presumably more usable data in each sub. You can't do that with the ASI294.

ApophisAstros

Like it Duncan , might try for those myself although i struggle usually to bring out the spirals.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Roberto

Very nice trio!  Amazing you managed to capture all that in less than 3 hrs  8)

Roberto

The Thing

Thanks Roger and Roberto. The seeing seemed very good as I was getting (for my gear) excellent guiding and that musty have helped with the detail though transparency left a lot to be desired.

garrick

Really nice image. Extremely impressive for only 2.5 hours of data. Hamburger Galaxy is stunning in its detail. The ASI294 is proving to be a great camera. I have the ASI294MM Mono and the results I am getting are very good.

Clear Skies.

GW

The Thing

Quote from: garrick on Apr 05, 2022, 09:22:37
Really nice image. Extremely impressive for only 2.5 hours of data. Hamburger Galaxy is stunning in its detail. The  ASI294 is proving to be a great camera. I have the ASI294MM Mono and the results I am getting are very good.

Clear Skies.

GW
Thanks Garrick.
This was using the QHY294PROC, which seems to produce better images than my ASI294MC Pro, though that might be down to me getting the collimation sorted at last at the same time as the new camera arrived.