• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

JWST 4 hour animation 5/6 January

Started by MarkS, Jan 06, 2022, 12:13:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

I expect the JWST views to be at least as fascinating as the ones Hubble's given us. It should be able to look even deeper into the past than Hubble's been able to manage, too.

Mac

QuoteBut they are not going to be Hubble like images, as it's an Infra-red camera I believe.

IR Photos are just the same as light photos but normally in black and white or false colour.

Nearly every CCD chip is sensitive to IR light which is why All cameras have a hot filter, this reduces IR & UV light hitting the sensor.

Just think of it as a night vision camera. Old posts call it Xray as it could see through items.

My old compact camera took IR photos, you just needed to get a true IR pass filter which is normally black.
I used it to take photos of the top of my old cooker which it could see straight through and i could see all the electronics and stuff below the black glass.

My old sony camera takes IR video, (not in daylight post mod).

http://www.kaya-optics.com/

ApophisAstros

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.