• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

OAS 40 Year Celebrations

Started by Delphine, Oct 17, 2021, 06:41:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Delphine

Many thanks to everyone involved in organising yesterdays 40 Years of OAS.  It was lovely to catch up with people in person after all this time.  I really enjoyed the talk as well.
Cheers Delphine

doug

Congratulations to the Organisers of the 40th Celebrations of the OAS, and to the large crowd for turning up. Saw a lot of old friends, and some new ones and those talks by Pieter and Greg ... that was something else. Brilliant. Perhaps Pieter can return and expand about his experiences....

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

I was one of the organisers, but was absolutely elated by the way everything went yesterday, there was a real buzz in the atmosphere, though I suspect some of this is due to every-one coming together after many many months of not doing so.

I thought both speeches were excellent, Pieter was so funny with all his anecdotes as was Greg with his usual wit. 

My congratulations go to Sue for her being the main co-ordinator for thinking of all those little things that made it work so well, I would never have thought of black cloths for the tables.  Also Elaine and whoever else did all that wonderful baking. 

A really successful event.  Looking forward to seeing the photos.

Carole

Roberto

Event was great, made fantastic by the great attendance and atmosphere. Congratulations and thank you to the organisers!

Roberto

Fay

What a fantastic afternoon. The organisers did so well. Many faces from past years, so many people made an effort to attend.  A day to remember.

Thanks....

Fay  xx
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

AndrewRamsay

Rick Hewett has set up a folder on the OAS Gallery where we can post our Anniversary photos.   He asks that we:

* Give every photo a useful title.
* Add a short description to every photo.
* Put at least the date and place into the appropriate field.

I look forward to seeing pictures by members who attended - and publicising the photographs to members.

My first 6 are up already.

- Andrew

garrick

A big thank you to all the organisers. It was a fantastic event. So good to finally meet members of the society.

Best wishes

G

Mac

Pity I couldn't make the 40th anniversary.

I might be able to make this weeks meeting though  :P.

Its been a while.

Chichester was the last time I saw most of you....... :lol:

Mac.

Carole

Well Mac
Ac be reassured at least one or two of your images were included in the display (that's all I could find).

Carole