• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

LBN782 Now much better process on my desktop

Started by Carole, Oct 12, 2021, 23:30:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Been wanting to get this little beauty for a while, but it was a question of opportunity at a Bortle 4 location with clear skies at the right time of year.  There are also some interesting features either side (top and bottom) of this target but again, unlikely to get a chance.

Got this on the Friday night at Kelling Heath Star party, needs more data but who knows when I will get another chance (as above),

William Optics  ZS71 and Atik460EX
Lum 23 x 600  (3h 50m)
Red 11 x 150 binned
Green 9 x 150 binned
Blue 10 x 150 binned  (RGB 1h 15m)

Total imaging time 5 hours 5mins

This is the new process on my desktop (I should have been more patient to post it).

This is the first process done on my laptop at Kelling Heath

ApophisAstros

Glad you got something, very nice result, 
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

Roberto

Very nice Carole!  That blue reflection nebula looks great.

Roberto

Carole

Thanks Roberto. 

I processed this on my laptop whilst at Kelling Heath.  When I have caught up with things at home, and the 40th Anniversary event is over, (been compling the images display = 242 images) I would like to try processing it on my desktop to see if I get a different result.

Carole   

AndrewRamsay

It already looks very mysterious and quite unusual.

Carole

Thanks Andrew

Carole

The Thing

What a great target. Well done Carole.

RobertM

Well done Carole, nice capture.  If I was to be picky, and this may well be my eyesight, it seems to have a slightly greenish hue to the dust on this monitor.

Robert

Carole

Thanks Duncan and Robert, I would like to get more data for this, but not easy when you live in Bortle 8 and have few chances in the winter months to get to a dark location. 

I don't see any green on my monitor Robert, think I probably used HLVG because I recall the area bottom left was greenish but I can't remember now.  But then this is the monitor on the laptop I used to process it.  I will take a look on my desktop monitor when I can get in there (son's occupying that room ATM). 

Carole

Carole

Have now managed to get onto my Desktop and done a new process.

The Thing

Most excellent. Looks like you've managed to reveal more subtle details than previous versions.

Carole

garrick

Really great image Carole. Dust clouds are looking good. From a Bortle 8 that's impressive!

Clear Skies,

G

Carole

Thanks Garrick, however this was imaged at the Kelling Heath Star Party in Norfolk at Bortle 4.  I find LRGB imaging at home at Bortle 8  pretty impossible.

Carole