• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

North America and Pelican mosaic from Petts Wood

Started by Roberto, Sep 20, 2021, 11:36:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto

Hello All

My project for late summer this year, a 2x2 mosaic using Voyager Array of NGC7000 and IC5070 among others.

See link for details of equipment and exposure times:  https://www.astrobin.com/2003cx/I/  The full size versions are pretty large (>7k square) - hopefully they display well here.

A few versions at the link above including narrowband and OSC only. Taken over the back end of August and first half of September as weather allowed.

Roberto

RGB with narrowband mixed in

Annotated

Bicolour narrowband - HaOIII - and starless

garrick

Really spectacular image Roberto. Details are crisp and the stars superb. I really like the colour palette.

Clear Skies

G

RobertM

That's really lovely Roberto, an excellent mix of NB and colour data.

Robert

Roberto

Thank you both.  Glad you liked it.  I may work a bit on increasing the brightness for both nebula and stars.  It looks fine in my home monitor but it didn't in my work one.

Roberto

Carole

How did I miss this.  Not only an really great image with an interesting composition but I like the way you have split up the different components by way of explanation and your stars are always so beautiful.

Carole

Roberto

Thank you Carole!  You are too kind! 😊  It was a struggle to mix the narrowband with the colour.  Keeping the stars from RGB was one of the aims but I also wanted to keep the dust which doesn't show in NB but it's present in the RGB.  I used a technique similar to Screen layer mixing from Photoshop but in PixInsight.

Roberto

MarkS

Very nicely done!  Processing is top notch and you have some great detail in there.

Mark

ApophisAstros

Agree with all posted comments , wonderful imaging and processing. truly spectacular.
Rog..
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Roberto