• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Started by Carole, Sep 16, 2021, 10:51:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Private messages seems to have a problem, Roger Nicholson has also reported the same problem to me.

When I send a message I get this error message.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The message does appear to have been sent though.

Carole

garrick

Hi,

Yes, I have the same issue. I tried replying to your PM Carole and got the same error. Did you get my reply Carole?

Best wishes,

G

Carole

Yes thanks, I got it 3 times where I guess you were uncertain if it sent OK.

Carole

Rick

Bizarre. Something to do with the server migration, I think, but not at all clear what's triggering it. I'll have a hunt and see what I can find.

Rick

My apologies if anyone experienced being inexplicably logged-out earlier.

There's something going on with the forum's session cookie handling. When SMF tries to re-validate it after something like a PM is sent it gets a 403 from the server. So far, all I've managed to do is make the error message a bit clearer (though the "send and email" link has an invalid email address it's getting from who knows where...).

I suspect something similar may be affecting the gallery upload process.

I've sent a support request into the hosting company...

Carole

Yay, "Your message has been sent successfully."

I am having to do a lot of PMing at the moment due to doing the calendar for 2022.

Carole

Rick

The new server had a tighter security setting of the "if you can't get in you can't cause trouble" variety. Unfortunately it assumed that everyone using a particular gate was evil...

They've re-educated it. Hopefully it'll remember (until the next time).

Mac

QuoteMy apologies if anyone experienced being inexplicably logged-out earlier.

Yup just had that had to re log in, but i had not sent any messages or posted, so not sure why the cookies where changed, but anyway, on a scale of 1 - 10 for problems, probably a 0.25

Mac.

Rick

Quote from: Mac on Sep 18, 2021, 11:16:51not sure why the cookies where changed
The issue was cookie-related, and I tried a couple of alternative cookie-handling options to see whether they'd work any better, so old cookies may have been dropped somewhere along the way.

Carole

Thanks for sorting Rick.

ApophisAstros

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.