• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

And another one from Petts Wood - The Tadpoles in Auriga - IC410 - HaRGB

Started by Roberto, Feb 22, 2021, 11:02:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto

Same setup as per the Jellyfish's mosaic, completed as a stand-in object whilst the former climbed up into the sky.

Details here:  https://www.astrobin.com/pvlkk6/E/?nc=user

Roberto

Carole

Looks really nice Roberto, I sometimes do the same and sometimes the "while I am waiting" image turns out to be better than the one I was waiting for. 

I hesitate to say as "I am one to talk", but on zooming in - is there a small degree of coma in the corner stars?

Carole

Roberto

Hi Carole

Thanks; yes, there is some under (or over?) correction in the corners from the reducer/flattener.  This is a large chip and usually those stars get compensated and rounded by meridian flips averaging the elongation.  In this case, IC410 was always past the meridian when I was imaging so the effect is more obvious (stacked up consistently).   I could agonise and try to get the correction 100% but I'd rather shoot and crop than spend my time down that rabbit hole!   :lol:

Roberto

Carole

QuoteI could agonise and try to get the correction 100% but I'd rather shoot and crop than spend my time down that rabbit hole!   :lol:
I agree, I only just got my coma "almost" sorted out about nearly 10 years of imaging.

Carole

MarkS

Roberto

RobertM

Apologies Roberto I must have missed this earlier !

Not a bad filler :)

Robert

Roberto

NoelC

Yeah; I missed this too - it dropped into my mail box today with half a dozen others.
Well done Roberto; really nice definition on the tadpoles and seamless joins on the mosaic.  The stars look wonderful in colour; I guess that's the ASI2600 cutting in - very impressive.

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.