• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Timelapse of lunar eclipse 21 Jan 2019

Started by MarkS, Jan 27, 2019, 15:59:12

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Finally here it is:
https://vimeo.com/313651659

It's not perfect but overall I'm pretty pleased with the brightness transitions I managed to achieve by taking bracketed exposures.

Mark

ApophisAstros

What about that impact that occurred , was it between exposures, its a great video ,
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

MarkS

At the time of the impact, my exposures were half a second each at one minute intervals.  So my chance of catching it was only 1 in 120  :(

Mark

Carole

Lovely smooth video Mark at both ends.

Carole

doug

Brilliant Mark. I would like to put that on next months report but not sure how to put animations on there... shame.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

NoelC

Excellent Mark!
Almost no flickering and really good images.  Like the music choice too.

Noel
Swapped telescopes for armchair.

The Thing

Excellent job Mark, puts my attempt in its place. Shame it's upside down! ;)

ApophisAstros

Quote from: The Thing on Jan 28, 2019, 10:47:19
Shame it's upside down! ;)
Only from our perspective Duncan , after all who's to say which way round any celestial bodies are meant to be ?
Yours is very good as well.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

MarkS

Upside down?  It depends on your perspective I suppose.  Look at the full moon in the south with your naked eye.  That's the orientation I use, i.e. North upwards.

Mark

RobertM

Great video Mark, as others have mentioned, smooth without big transitions.

Robert