• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

New (Additional Website)

Started by Carole, Jan 21, 2019, 14:41:20

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

Good stuff Roger. BTW isn't Uranus 1.6 billion miles away or has it migrated near Mercury!

The Thing

Thanks for your kind words Noel.

FYI and society history buffs might like to know that there are two versions of The Thing - one from a very foggy, very very cold (-7C) and drunken DSC at the infamous Stairs Farm, the second from an equally inebriated and nearly as foggy DSC at Rother Valley Campsite where green lasers were employed about my person, under the able direction of Julian. MarkS was the photographer though I don't how he stood up to take the first one. Both times I had every piece of warm gear on I could muster!

ApophisAstros

Quote from: The Thing on Jan 25, 2019, 11:50:46
Good stuff Roger. BTW isn't Uranus 1.6 billion miles away or has it migrated near Mercury!
Meant to type billion , thanks all , perhaps someone can do a tutorial at a meeting later on in the year for members.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

I seem to have got every-one going.

Carole

ApophisAstros

Also you can go here https://analytics.google.com and you can track the usage even where in the world your site is getting accessed, trully 1984ish,
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

I use google analytics for my main website, it's the only way I could get a "hit counter" on it.

At the end of 2018 I had 14885 hits on the site and 9523 Unique visitors in 5 years.

Carole

The Thing

I think it might be a good idea to have links to members astro websites on the OAS main website. Any thoughts?

ApophisAstros

Carole

QuoteI think it might be a good idea to have links to members astro websites on the OAS main website. Any thoughts?
Could do but I have my website link in my signature and you can also put a link to your website in your profile.

Carole

The Thing

That's a good idea as well Carole, but Joe and Jane public don't necessarily get into the forum but will browse the main site to find out about what the society gets up to.