• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Skywatcher 150P for sale

Started by The Thing, Sep 08, 2017, 11:53:39

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

Hi all,

A few months back Carole sold me a SW150P so I could try out a Newtonian. I now have bought a similar Teleskop Service one more suitable for astrophotography so you could say I liked it :)

The scope has had its optics cleaned and the original focuser rebuilt and comes with a dovetail. It is collimated at present. It was also flocked and blackened by previous owner and that has been cleaned as well so it provides nice sharp contrasty views.

It's a sweet scope and I have had fun with it but if is now surplus to requirements. I think for £100 ovno it would suit a keen initiate who wants to look at stuff and possibly start on astrophotography. Xmas present for someone?
I am back in the UK next week for a week so if someone wants it I can bring it over...

Carole

That was a nice little scope, I did my Melotte 15 image with it.  I only sold it because I wanted a wider FOV.

Carole

Kenny

The Thing

No mount Kenny. Too late this trip as haven't got the scope with me and I'm back in France tomorrow. But if you interested we may be able to sort something out.

Cheers

Duncan

The Thing

Hi Everybody,

I am back in the UK on Monday for two weeks and can bring this kit with me to the Observing and Monthly meetings if anyone is interested.

The SW 150P scope is still for sale. I also have a Baader MPCC Coma Corrector and a Canon 1000D with Baader filter mod and mirror removed. So if any budding imagers want kit to get started this is ideal to get you going. The Canon also has batteries and charger and homebrew 12v converter. An Astronomik CLS-CCD clip filter is also available (and necessary) for Orpington and its environs. An absolute bargain £450 ovno for all this will get you started, all you need is a mount.

Duncan

Let me know ASAP as it wil have to go in the car tomorrow evening if you want it!

The Thing

The camera and CLS-CCD filter have gone, so expect some nice pics from Roger some time soon!