• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Hey Everyone

Started by Jonathan, May 18, 2015, 01:00:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

Hey Everyone, I'm Jonathan nice to meet you all. I joined the society at the last meeting, all the events and trips you do sound amazing. I love astrophotography, I'm not particularly any good at it but am learning new things all the time. I've got some photos already if can post them? Living in Central London is a right pain because of the light pollution, so I can't wait to join you all on your next observation evening and dark sky camp.

I own a Celestron 6" Schmidt-Cassegrain with an Advanced VX GoTo Mount.

One thing I've not really go the hang of is polar aligning the scope. If anyone would be so kind to show me how to do this one day, I would be eternally grateful

doug

Welcome, Jonathan. Our next observing evening is Tuesday 19th May, so will hopefully look forward to seeing you there. Details on the main website. Come and enjoy, and I am sure someone will give you detailed explanations about the polar alighning ....

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

Welcome to the forum Jonathan.

If you come to the next Deep Sky Camp (DSC) which is from 19 - 21 June (keep an eye on the forum), and bring your kit with you, some-one will help you polar align, we are a friendly helpful bunch.  Trouble is it won't get dark until really late. 

Carole

Kenny

Welcome Jonathan. See you at one of our planned or adhoc observing sessions hopefully.

Mike

Welcome! As the others have said we will be more than happy to show you how to polar align.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan