• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC May 15 - 17 (or longer if you wish)

Started by Carole, Apr 30, 2015, 21:50:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

looks nice - fingers crossed for clear skies... is that Fay on her Pod surveying all her land...?

Kenny

You could have borrowed the Coronado scope and HEQ5 this weekend.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Quote from: Kenny on May 16, 2015, 14:10:06
You could have borrowed the Coronado scope and HEQ5 this weekend.

Yeah we could have. However, Mark has his Lunt and we are doing spectroscopy experiments right now (long tube on the left).

The Thing

It all looks like jolly good fun in the sun! WIWT

Mike

MarkH

Weather is looking good for you guys have fun. :D

Kenny

RobertM

Hope it was as good as it was here in Devon last night.  Beautiful Milky Way and the Scorpio as clear as a bell.

Carole

Friday night was cloudy, but the evening greatly helped by Amaretto and the French stuff, so we still had a good time.

Spectroscopy was amazing with the different filters, especially Ha. 

QuoteScorpio as clear as a bell.
We had mostly clear skies last night, but Scorpio which I had been planning to image (I started Antares region last year), was low in the murk until much later, by which time I had started another target.  It clouded up for about half an hour in the early hours, but some of us sat it out and it cleared again after about 1/2 hour, I think Mark went to bed at 3am and Julian and I finished at around 4.15am.  Feeling somewhat bleary eyed ATM.

I'm going to start another thread for feedback and DSC in general, would appreciate those who went putting in their happuth, even those who already spoke to me.

Thanks

Carole

ApophisAstros

Quote from: Carole on May 17, 2015, 16:01:30
Friday night was cloudy, but the evening greatly helped by Amaretto and the French stuff, so we still had a good time.

French !*?!.....lol :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

rog
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.