• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC May 15 - 17 (or longer if you wish)

Started by Carole, Apr 30, 2015, 21:50:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Fay (already booked the Glamping POD I believe)
Carole
Mike & Petra
Roger?
Mark
Julian

Carole

MarkS

My coolbox is in chest freezer already  :)

Mark

Carole

I have a new fridge, my camping fridge packed up at Kelling, luckily only a day before I was coming home.  Decided to buy a mini fridge this time since I now have a van and the mini fridge is silent (unlike my camping fridge which was so noisy I had to switch it off at night). 

Just checked the forecast for Ticehurst on yr.no and fingers crossed the forecast is clear for Saturday and much of Friday as well:

http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Ticehurst/long.html

Carole

Mike

Quote from: Carole on May 10, 2015, 18:55:44
Decided to buy a mini fridge this time since I now have a van and the mini fridge is silent (unlike my camping fridge which was so noisy I had to switch it off at night). 

TFFT !
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

What the...does TFFT stand for?

(Edit) Ah, think I've found it.  A form of saying thank goodness for that I think.  Lol

Yes it was the noise that decided me not to bother trying to fix the old one. 

Carole

Mike

You could hear it about 100 feet away from your tent!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

My frozen coolbox is completely silent (except for the occasional cracking of the ice block).

Mark

ApophisAstros

Quote from: Carole on May 10, 2015, 18:55:44
I have a new fridge, my camping fridge packed up at Kelling, luckily only a day before I was coming home.  Decided to buy a mini fridge this time since I now have a van and the mini fridge is silent (unlike my camping fridge which was so noisy I had to switch it off at night). 

Just checked the forecast for Ticehurst on yr.no and fingers crossed the forecast is clear for Saturday and much of Friday as well:

http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Ticehurst/long.html

Carole

Is looking promising....

roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

QuoteYou could hear it about 100 feet away from your tent!

Oh dear, I didn't realise it was disturbing other people as well as myself.  Well it is no more as Mike Says TFFT.

QuoteMy frozen coolbox is completely silent (except for the occasional cracking of the ice block).
:lol: :lol:

Hmmm, weather forecast has changed. 

Carole

Fay

just realised what tfft stands for, funny!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

What time are people getting down on Friday?

MarkS

Quote from: Mike
What time are people getting down on Friday?

7:30-8:00pm

julian

ApophisAstros

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

MarkS

I haven't actually booked with the campsite - do I need to?

Mark