• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Gallery sort orders

Started by The Thing, Jan 28, 2015, 12:47:44

Previous topic - Next topic

The Thing

Hi Rick,

Just been into the Most Viewed planets link from Albums/Most Viewed to see what other Jupiter images have been submitted. The images come up in order of date, oldest first, not most viewed. Is this configurable and/or can it be user selected?

Thanks

Duncan

Rick

When I go to "Most viewed" it shows me them in descending order of number of times displayed. It even tells me how many times each one has been displayed. However, these won't count occasions when folk have viewed the image directly via a link in the forum (or wherever).

Rick

Did you figure out what was happening?

The Thing

Yes, I was looking at it wrong :{ The order is correct for the number of views. I sort of had it in my head the count was on the number of hits an image got. As most of us who use the gallery (the new version is great) then post the image on the forum this would be a better reflection of the popularity of an image.

Rick

Yeah, but those hits don't go through the gallery's software because they're direct links to files, so there's no way the gallery can count them.

To be honest, the only time I'm interested in a file's popularity is when it causes problems, say by swallowing a large part of our bandwidth. It's not been a problem recently...