• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Any-one use Stellarium for telescope control?

Started by Carole, Mar 26, 2011, 13:09:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I tried to connect my mount to this today.  I followed the instructions:

Telescope Control plug-in, it's included in the latest release of Stellarium (0.10.6), but it's not activated by default. You can activate it in the "Plugins" tab in the "Configuration" window (press F2 to open it) - just select the plug-in in the list, check the "Load at startup" box and restart Stellarium."

I have 0.10.6 version but when I go to the configuration window and under the plug in tab I don't get a list of plug ins nor does a list open by pressing F2.  I've tried opening by various methods but not getting it to open. 

I have tried this with the Mount aligned and connected and without.
I can get the simulator to work.

Any ideas?
It is supposed to work on my mount.  I have tried connecting to Starry Night before and only got this far.  I am wondering whether my RS232 is dud, but Robert (who sold it to me) said he did a firmware upgrade using it, and I've not used it since apart from trying to connect to Starry Night and Stellarium.
Carole

Mike

Are you suing a USB-RS232 converter? If so, have you installed the drivers for it?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Ian

Quote from: Mike on Mar 26, 2011, 13:30:48
Are you suing a USB-RS232 converter? If so, have you installed the drivers for it?

I would think legal action is a little extreme, although I think it's about time these small black boxes with lights on started to take some responsibility for their actions.

Carole

QuoteAre you suing a USB-RS232 converter? If so, have you installed the drivers for it?
I've got what I think is called a serial port adapter with a USB on the other end for plugging into the laptop.
Yes I already thought of that, but it makes a beep bop sound when  I plug it in but it doesn't show up on the "remove hardware safely" thingy on the bottom.  So I went into Device manager and in PORTS it says Prolific USB to Serial Comm Port so I tried to update the drivers but it said they were already installed and up to date.

I'll take a look at that thread;
Quotehttp://forum.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/index.php?topic=7314.0

Carole

Carole

SORTED!!!!  
I needed to change the Com Port Duh!!

The instructions were a bit misleading
Quotejust select the plug-in in the list,
as I was expecting to find a drop down list of Plug ins but there was no list at all, so the plug in was already there all the time.  
Now I just have to work out how to align the mount with the software.    :cheesy:

Carole