• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

EQ Mod controller

Started by mickw, Jul 07, 2010, 07:31:18

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

What is the preferred control to steer EQmod

Logitech Rumblepad ?

XBox ?

Seem to remember Chris using Logitech
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

The wireless logitech wireless rumblepad 2, is the best one you can use it upto 50 meters away :-) I think they are about £25.

Chris

Rocket Pooch

I'm going to preempt a question here as well.

When you get it working all you do is polar align as normal, or use the blindingly accurate EQMod polar alignment thingy.

If you are imaging you can do a 1 star alignment next to where you are going to image and then move the star into the middle of the CCD, Sync your planitarium software when the star is centered and then goto what you want to image.

Some example of how to sync

http://www.welshdragoncomputing.ca/eqmod/doku.php?id=using_eqmod_with_a_planetarium_program

If you are using EQMod for visual you can have as many alignment points as you want to sync to.

A really cool feature for imagers is a) no maridian flip, b) you can set the limits of the mount, this is a great way to stop your scope, camera etc from hitting the pier or tripod.

You can PEC train it, but don't bother if your guiding there is not point.

EQMOD Wiki http://www.welshdragoncomputing.ca/eqmod/doku.php?id=1.eqmod_main_page

Chris

mickw

Thanks Chris - I'd better start reading  :(