• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Question for Julian

Started by mickw, Jun 29, 2010, 10:13:39

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

Julian who was the clever, helpful bloke at Pulsar re the PST mod ?

Are you using the double stacked etalon or the 1 angstrom version ?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

julian

:cry: Are you going to spend more money
David or James at Scopesnskies
heres the link                http://www.scopesnskies.com
or you can call them on                                 08456349192

Tony G

Why do they have 2 different names (Pulsar Optical and Scopes'n'Skies), but the same contact details and all the astronomical scopes on both sites. Wouldn't it be just as easy to manage 1 site rather than 2.  :-?

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

QuoteAre you going to spend more money

It would be rude not to  ;)

QuoteWouldn't it be just as easy to manage 1 site

One for orders, one for complaints  :roll:

PhilB

I'm told by a contact in "the game" that Pulsar has just started to sit up and take notice of their customers (might have something to do with the demise of Telescope Planet?). Prior to this I don't think that one site for complaints would have been enough  :evil:
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

mickw

Hmm, hadn't realised that Telescope Planet had bit the dust, let's hope Pulsar/Scopes n Skies/Astronomy & Nature Centre etc. etc. have learnt the lesson.
I'll find out if they at least answer their phone tomorrow.

RobertM

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

Well, got through to Pulsar after only 3 minutes on Wednesday and managed to speak to the right bloke.
Much discussion ensued and a decision was made - Off went said bloke to discuss matters with Astro Engineering and said he would ring me back with a price that afternoon  8)

However, due to Robert and Fay putting a curse on my plans, poor bloke was probably struck by lightning as I have had no reply  :(

I'm not ringing Pulsar/Scopes n Skies/Astro Engineering etc. etc. any more F@@@ em  :twisted:

*Warning*  If Fay or Robert ever try to sell you clothes pegs or lucky white heather, do not refuse or they may curse you also

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

PhilB

This all sounds rather familiar, perhaps they haven't changed after all  :roll:

Have you considered  crossing Fay's or Robert's palms with silver and getting them to call Pulsar?
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

julian

You should keep on at Scopesnskies as the solar scope is worth it in the end.  They are the only ones who do the mod.
It took me along time to get it sorted and my friend got his scope in about a mouth and a half so they are improving!
At the end of the day it is worth it.  :D

PS.   You could always buy my scope for three thousand pound (thats about 1200.00 for the scope and 1,800 for me to deal with Scopesnskies)  ;)

mickw

Crossing Robert or Fays palms with silver is getting a bit close to selling my soul  :(

However, Julians scope for 3 grand seems like a bargain if I never have to deal with Pulsar again............................

Decisions, decisions..................................................

I think I'll.........................................

Have a beer  :D