• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

IC1805 300s ISO 320

Started by Daniel, Sep 24, 2008, 21:22:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Here's an image I did a while back, wasn't totally happy with it so didn't post it, but thought I would now anyway since it's been a while since I posted anything

you'll notice it's a pretty low ISO, normally I only do this when im doing very long exposures, but with the mist the way it's been recently I had to keep the exposure time quite low too.

I've also added an M42 i did a few nights back, again, Low ISO, short exposure, so not as good as im hoping to get it, this was 180s ISO 320

MarkS

Daniel,

I love that M42 - beautiful colour, detail and pin-sharp stars.

The nebula itself has a sort-of ethereal quality about it.

Nice one!

Mark

Carole

That M42 is a vast improvement on the one you posted some time ago.  Excellent.
Can't comment on the other photo as I don't know the subject.

Carole

Daniel

Thanks guy's, although the conditions were pretty terrible that night so im hopin tommorrow nights attempt at M42 will be as good as I've been hoping it will be.

Rocket Pooch

very good, lets hope its clear in france....

MarkS

Get some good pictures!!

RobertM

Excellent images Daniel, the M42 is so much better than the last, I can't wait to see the next.

Good luck in France chaps.  I expect the weather will be good but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you anyway.

Fay

Lovely, Daniel. M42 is extremly good. How many 180s subs was it?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Daniel

I bet france will be incredible, My Parents are looking to move there and i've been giving it some serious thought myself to setting up a school out there.

Anyway, there were only 6 subs in this image, so im hoping to do some proper 10 min subs tonight.

Fay

You got a nice M42, using a low ISO,  without having to do subs at various exposures
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Daniel

I processed it twice, once with heavy processing to bring out the faint nebulosity, then again with much lighter processing to not blow out the core. After that I used layer masks in photoshop to blend the two together.