• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Stacking images from 2 different scopes

Started by Carole, Jun 28, 2011, 10:41:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I did a 2nd lot of imaging of the Witch's Broom (after the Crescent disappeared behind the dome).  I was aware that my previous subs were done on the ED80 and I was now using the ED120, it was too late to start swapping scopes and unscrewing piggy back kit etc etc (early hours).

I have stacked images using different scopes before in DSS and it worked OK then.  

However this time it will not stack.  (I'm trying to stack the two resulting stacks together, I haven't tried doing it in groups as that produced strange diagonal striations last time I did that).

Any suggestions of a way I can get these two to stack?
Same orientation, might be a slight rotation but not much.

Carole

RobertM

Carole

I've read the thread Mark has put on first:

As I have photoshop and am fairly au fait with that I'll start with this first.  

Chris's comment on the attached thread
Quoteyou can get both images in photoshop align a single star set that point and then drag the image and rotate it into place
How do you "set a point"?
I've tried stretching the image in photoshop already (I need to change the size more than the rotation).

I'll now read the thread Robert attached.
Oh dear it doesn't seem to lead anywhere  :(

thanks
Carole

Mac

yes it does,
It leads to the sarcasm page. :cheesy:

Me thinks he has telling you to try using the search first. :cheesy:

Mac.

Carole

It's OK, I have managed to stack it in groups in DSS.  Not sure that the extra data is an improvement though  :!

Carole

Carole

QuoteIt leads to the sarcasm page.
Me thinks he has telling you to try using the search first.

Oh yes, I'm a bit slow on the uptake with sarcasm.

I do try using search sometimes but if you don't word it right you don't find anything, and even if you put something simple in it doesn't always find what you are looking for even though I remember a post on the subject.

i.e. Was looking for Mark's Albireo thread earlier to see how mine compared with it and just put in Albireo and it never found it. 

Carole

MarkS

Carole,

I don't know why you had a problem - I managed to find Albireo by doing a search:
http://forum.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/index.php?topic=3560

Mark

Carole

Well I just tried it again and all I got was this thread and my own Albireo thread.

Maybe I am using the wrong Search function.  I'm using the one at the top right of the page.

Just tried the other Search function (between Help and Profile) and yes it does come up with that one.  I wonder why one works and the other doesn't?

Carole

JohnP

I don't know why you had a problem - I managed to find Albireo by doing a search:

Very nice Mark - Like the way you grabbed another opportunity to show off one of your images  :lol: