• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M78 Reflection nebula from Kelling WIP

Started by Carole, Sep 15, 2015, 14:52:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

This needs a heap more data which I will try to get in November Winterfest at Kelling, but since it was there around 3.30am I thought I'd give it a bash and see what would come out.  I had to give up as dawn arrived.
So this is a Work in Progress. 

Lum 7 x 10
Red 4 x 5
Green 7 x 5
Blue 9 x 5

Dual Rig
ED80 & Atik314
ED120 & Atik460
HEQ5

Fay

I like the colour, but will be a lot better with more subs. you did well while at Kelling Carole
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

The Thing

You're a bit prolific at the moment Carole ! This is a very interesting target, I actually could fit it in my limited FoV. I tried it once a while ago from Beckenham, not a good experience. You have captured a lot of elements, only the big bit is M78. I checked it out on Aladin Lite and the little blobs up of right are really dim.

Carole

Thanks Duncan,

QuoteYou're a bit prolific at the moment Carole !
Yes results of kelling.

Got very despondent over the last few months of the poor results I was getting from home, so have been saving them all up for a dark site.

Carole

Ivor

A good start, I look forward to seeing it with more data.

This month's member meeting is most definitely going to be the Carole show!

Carole

QuoteThis month's member meeting is most definitely going to be the Carole show!
Lol

I am sure Mark, Robert, Julian and yourself must have some images as well they were all busy imaging.  I think Fay might not as she had some equipment problems. 

Carole

MarkS

You've done a good job with that one.  It's a very faint and difficult target.  More data would certainly help it along.

Mark

Carole

Thanks Mark,

I just remembered I took some Ha as well.  Not sure if there is anything in that region, but I'll take a look.

Carole

RobertM

Good start Carole, more data will help a lot.  Looking forward to the next iteration.

Robert