• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Little Veil Nebula in Cygnus and LDN792 in Vulpecula - HaRGB and LRGB

Started by Roberto, Jun 11, 2022, 11:22:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberto

Hello All

A couple of images taking in late May and June:

1 - SNR G65.3+5.7 - Section of Little Veil Nebula in Cygnus - HaRHaGB

https://www.astrobin.com/a1p2t9/E/

8h of Ha and 8h of RGB.  Mixed the R with the Ha 50/50 and then used the synthetic L from the RGB shot and added the Ha to create the final L.

2 - LDN 792 - Dark Nebula in Vulpecula - The Pigtail Nebula - LRGB

Almost 3hrs of L and 2.5hrs of RGB.  Short exposures as no astronomical darkness available.  This is close to the dark nebulae I captured last summer.  Lovely area of the summer skies.

Roberto

ApophisAstros

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Hugh

Look at all those stars - and their colours!

Beautiful!

- Hugh

Carole

Very nice as usual Roberto.  I am still amazed at what you can get from Petts Wood.

garrick

Nice round stars. Well captured and processed.

Clear Skies

GW

Roberto

Thank you All. Imaging these at around and after midnight helps.  I think there were a couple of nights for each object where transparency was good; this helps set a reference frame when addressing light pollution gradients in pre-processing.

Roberto

Carole

Regarding 1 - SNR G65.3+5.7 - Section of Little Veil Nebula in Cygnus - HaRHaGB

I did not realise what a fantastic result this is until I attempted to image part of this SNR myself in Ha a few nights ago.  It is so faint even after 3 hours and stacking including using some binned Ha to bring out the nebulosity it was too faint to be useable.

You have done exceedingly well.

Carole