• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Sh2-284 In Monoceros

Started by Carole, Mar 09, 2022, 21:33:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

I had not heard of this nebula until very recently.  It's quite faint.  Taken over 2 nights, the 2nd night I had my dual rig in operation, the first night I only had the ED80/Atik460 running as I had the Samyang lens set up piggy backed at that time,

ED80 & Atik460EX on HEQ5 Mount & AtikEFW2
Ha 21 x 600 (3h 30m)
Oiii 15 x 300 binned (1 hour 15mins)
Sii 14 x 300 binned (1 hour 10mins)

WOZS71 and Atik428EX
Ha 14 x 600 (2 hours 20 mins)
Mapped SHO (Hubble Palette)

Total ha 5h 50m
Total imaging time 8 hours 15mins

PS:  It's surprising how different images look on different websites and computers.  On some it shows a slightly purple gradient in the sky background on the left hand side and on others it doesn't show this.  It's obviously there, so may need to do a revision. 

Roberto

Very nice Carole - great framing!

Roberto

Carole

AndrewRamsay

Stunning - and a relatively short exposure, too.

Carole

Thanks Andrew

Carole   

garrick

Great Image Carole. Nice dynamic colour range and excellent framing. You are absolutely right about how the same image will look on different monitors and on the web. I need to colour calibrate my monitors every 2 months.

Clear Skies.

Carole

Thanks Garrick, but what i am saying is on the same computer it can look different on different websites.  i.e. different forums etc,

Carole

Christine

Stunning!  I don't understand any of the technical details of how you did it but love the result

Carole

Thanks Christine. 

I am doing a talk at the July meeting on imaging which might help a bit.

Carole