• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Are you Lurking? There's a chance your account will be deleted!

Started by Ian, Apr 09, 2009, 00:49:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

If you are, feel free to carry on. However, Rick and I would like to tidy up the member list here and one of our criteria for spotting dead or spam accounts is a zero post count.

If you're not a regular poster, and think there's a chance you might get deleted (cue Cyberman) just drop a note here to say, if nothing else, please don't delete me!

Hopefully we won't catch anyone who shouldn't be removed, but we'd like every chance to know who is live and who isn't.

Rick

You can check whether you have posted any messages by looking at your PROFILE and selecting Show Stats.

If you want to keep your account here, please make sure you've posted at least one message. Why not post an introduction in this section...

Rick

I've thinned out the accounts, deleting only those who've never posted anything and havn't logged in since we moved the forum to this location. If yours has vanished then please re-register, and then post an introduction...

Rick

New users, please note that we expect you to post something in this section to introduce yourselves, and we do delete new users who don't do so...

Rick

I've just cleared out about a dozen relatively recently regstered users who never came back to introduce themselves. There are a few others out there I've left intact for now, but please remember:

Quote from: Rick on Feb 12, 2010, 06:42:49
New users, please note that we expect you to post something in this section to introduce yourselves, and we do delete new users who don't do so...

Please introduce yourselves even if you're sure we know who you are!

Rick

Had a bit of a clear-out today, mostly of accounts that never posted anything ever, but also of accounts belonging to non-members who havn't even visited in the last three years. If you're sure you had an account here but can't get to it, and you'd like to re-join, then please make contact via the main OAS website's "Want to Join?" form.

Mac

Mike

Good idea Rick. Gives us a better idea of the 'active user' numbers.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan