• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M33 and NGC6995 - 14th Sept 2005

Started by Mike, Sep 15, 2005, 22:03:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Here are two pics from last night.

M33 Pinwheel Galaxy- HaRGB 30:10:10:15 - ED80 - No calibration and unguided

NGC6995 Part of the Veil Nebula Complex - HaRGB 45:15:15:15 - ED80 - No calibration and unguided - Not happy with the colours in this one, not sure if I am processing it wrong or just needed to do much longer RGB exposures.

I put a crosshair of black cotton thread across the end of the dew shield to get diffraction spikes on the stars. It apparently makes it easier to focus as well but I didn't see how. Though it was obvious when the images were out of focus that the scope is slightly out of collimation.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

JohnP

Both pretty amazing images - I particularly like the M33 - I must give that ago sometime with the EOS.... Seems that shooting from a light polluted area isn't so much of a hinderance as I thought....

Fingers crossed for clear skies this weekend.

Cheers,  John

Whitters

Fantastic, Witht the veil I think that you just need more photons to get the best of the color.