• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Tony G's First Astrophoto's..

Started by JohnP, Nov 19, 2005, 17:44:04

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Hi - Tony took his first ever webcam images of the moon the other night - He has been trying to post them himself but is having a few problems with web servers etc. so I've put them temporarily on my server. Good job Tony & looking forward to more images - It's good to have another imager in the Society.. I'll leave you to tell us how you captured your moon images..

Cheers,  John.

Tony G

Hi and thanks again John for all your assistance.

We could be like a double act like Laruel and Hardy, Cannon and Ball, Cagney and Lacey etc.                  
forget the last ones. :oops:

These photos were taken with a philips toucam and are only single frames as i was having problems with registax which was basically not knowing what i was doing with it, but practice makes perfect, so the wife keeps telling me.
I have the adapter for the webcam but found that with the help of some sellotape around the focusing lens of the webcam it fits nicely into the LET eyepieces i got with the new scope, so i was able to take photos which show the majority of the moon with the 25mm eyepiece and then with the 9mm managed photos of Tycho and Aristarchus.
They are not the best quality photos, but with a little more time and patience who knows, the next ones may be better.
Going out to the garden now to defrost my equipment.
Happy viewing everyone.

Tony G

PS  and Johnp
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Hi Tony, Next time you are out try using the Toucam at prime (connect it directly to the scope with the adapter) - also make sure you select 640 X 480 resolution - This will make the images a lot larger (higher resolution = better quality). If you sort out your tracking issues then stacking will definitely help. Are you using K3CCDTools - I would highly recommend this as the program you use to capture the AVI's - it's also has a good planetary wizard for post processing/ stacking images...

It's a great start - I bet you were well chuffed seeing the moon on your laptop...

Looking forward to more - John

Whitters

Tony, I like the image of the Copernicus area. It picks out the rays and brignt regions very well. I would agree with John, have a go at prime focus, and take an AVI if you have problems with stacking, then bring your laptop to the next observing session and I'm sure that one of us at the pub will be able to walk you through the basics.
Again well done and keep at it.

Mike

Great images Tony - well done. Any chance we can see the full size ones?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Hi Tony,

Well doen with the images, there very very good for the 1st go.

Chris

Tony G

Thanks for the support,
and to answer Mike's query, its hard enough to get the photos thats on here on, let alone larger one's.
I'm trying to sort out web space that i can upload to and then download to the forum. Any ideas anyone???????

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rocket Pooch

Hi tony,

Create a Yahoo account and setup an album on-line, its easy.

Honest

Chris

Tony G

Just testing to see if the download works

Tony G

PS if it works you would have already seen this image.

Tony G

Rick

Try this:

With Flikr you have to make sure you're using the static dot flikr link to the image if you want to put it into an external page. Easiest way to find that is to go to the "All sizes" page, look at the one you want to use, and then use the browser's "Copy image location" option...

Tony G

Thanks Rick,
but how did you do that??????????

Tony G

Tony G

Tony G

Success, I done it, I done it, I done it, I done it.

WITH HELP FROM YOU ALL  
Thanks

Tony G

JohnP

congrats - Tony -I'd knew you would get there in the end. Looking forward to lots more images now...:-)