• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Uhoh !!

Started by Mike, Nov 06, 2007, 10:26:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

At 10:23 today..........

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, support@powweb-inc.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

I know what that is. You weren't holding your face straight when you clicked on the link.

I get this too on occasion. I don't know whether Rick's seen anything interesting in the logs...

Rick

It generally seems to indicate that the MySQL server at PowWeb is under too much stress, and nothing makes it into the logs. I've occasionally seen it affecting the forum, the gallery and the main site all at the same time. The only solution seems to be to wait for a while...

The PowWeb forum mentions it from time to time (well, almost all the time at the moment..). See http://forums.powweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Rick

Just seen this one again. Obviously it's back now...  :-?

Mike

Just tried to log in from work and got several "Internal Server Error" messages before I was able to log in.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

Yeah. I saw another one yesterday evening. A curiosity I've noted in the logs is that Sunday (or what the server considers to be Sunday, anyway) appears to have been most un-naturally quiet...

Mike

Just got this again.

Ian

I've been playing with Joomla today and not had that problem once. Although it has kept on timing out my login session. This is something of a pain...

Rick

Quote from: Ian on Jan 02, 2008, 14:33:58Although it has kept on timing out my login session. This is something of a pain...
Joomla times out admin-level logins server-side after an interval of inactivity. As much of the editor-level functionality is all client-side, and the server times out when you hit "Save" because that's the first bit of server-side stuff you've done in 15 minutes, it can be a mite irritating...