• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Reworked M31

Started by JohnH, Mar 27, 2023, 13:08:27

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnH

I had not realised that I could use my Astrobin account to submit images! (Carole, thanks for the tip).

My part of Bromley has been bereft of stars at times when I could image and so, in frustration, I have been playing with old images. I have used some Affinity Photo 2 macros and NoiseXterminator to tweak an M31 image from last year.

This is very experimental but I think that there is quite a lot more detail than the original:

Looking forward to a CLEAR SKY http://forum.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/Smileys/default/shocked.gif

JohnH
Sir Isaac Newton should have said, "If I have seen further than others it is by inventing my own telescope".

The Thing

You've certainly brought out the dust lanes! My preference would be somewhere in between. Says he who overeggs images all the time :lol:

JohnH

Quote from: The Thing on Mar 27, 2023, 13:22:49My preference would be somewhere in between

I confess to being a John Lewis imager - never knowingly under processed!
Sir Isaac Newton should have said, "If I have seen further than others it is by inventing my own telescope".

Carole

I agree with Duncan, somewhere in the middle would be good. 

Carole

Hugh

As a non-imager but enjoyer of the pics, would you mind if I commented?

I think I agree as something in between would be better.  In the top image the object below the M31 (another galaxy) looks false or over processed.  M31 itself looks a little too dramatic to be believable - but then I know what previous pics of M31 look like.

Hope this helps.

keep up the good work!

- Hugh

MarkS

I definitely prefer the second version.  It's looking really good.  If you can cure the green gradient then it would look even better!

Mark