• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Gallery errors - October 31st 2007

Started by Rick, Oct 31, 2007, 14:45:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

The gallery's having a problem co-ordinating itself with its MySQL server at the moment. Not sure why, yet...

Update: The pictures table seems to have become scrambled. I'm working on fixing it from backup...

Incidentally, if anyone can shed any light on what went wrong, especially if you were doing any editing or uploading at about 2pm today, I'd really like to know. A PM is fine if you don't want to tell everyone.

Rick

I think I've patched things up successfully. Mostly. As far as I can tell, Fay's latest image has lost most of its description (because it wasn't in the backup and I had to re-invent it :) ) but everything else survived...

...but I took the opportunity to do a little re-arranging of images out of people's "Previews and Works-in-Progress" albums into the main gallery albums, where it seemed appropriate.

Rick

Oops! And Mark's Dumbell Nebula image, too...  :oops:

It's also re-instated with random descriptive stuff... :(

Fay

Poor Rick, everyone is posting messages & images etc etc, without a thought that there you are behind the scenes keeping things going!
I bet you are like the mad professor, lots of steam, cogs, screwdrivers etc etc!!!!

Thanks Rick
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rick

I wish I could figure out why it fell apart yesterday. At the moment it seems to have been something completely random, and I don't like completely random failures...  :evil:

Mike

Maybe the cosmic rays from the approaching comet flipped a few binary digits from 1's to 0's and vice versa, hence creating some weird cosmic virus mutation that rampaged through your hard drive?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

don't think so Mike, that one's page 213 in the service manual, and we're up to page 276. I think Tsunami is listed in the next couple of pages...